1. You may use the Services for the purposes of making payments to the Council where the Council offers the Services, provided that you do not:
2. You warrant that:
3. Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard credit cards, Visa debit card and bank transfer.
4. The Council may contact you to confirm your payment details, and reserve the right to apply additional charges where information supplied is found to be incorrect.
5. All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any).
6. Part payment of debtor accounts is acceptable provided the full payment is made by the due date.
7. All other payments must be paid in full and by no later than the final date for payment set out in the invoice/notice.
8. Upon completing a transaction using the Services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the Services or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond the Council's control.
9. Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
10. The Council accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit card issuer.
11. You acknowledge that the payment information supplied by you in relation to the use of the Services is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to the Council via the third party website is:
12. By using the Services you agree:
14. Requests for refunds must be made in writing together with proof that you have paid more that the outstanding amount. Requests for refunds must be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Council at PO Box 94, Ashburton 7740, attention Accounts. If your request for a refund is granted the amount will be transferred to your nominated bank account.
15. If you dispute the outstanding amount on your account please contact the Council.
16. Payments using the Services are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Council shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the Services.
17. To the extent permitted by law, the Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the Services. If, for any reason, the Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the Services, the Council's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the Services or $100, whichever is the lesser.
18. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to your transaction you may have rights or remedies that are not excluded or limited by clause 17. If you are using the Services for business purposes, the exclusions and limitations set out in clause 17 will apply and the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are hereby excluded.
19. The Council does not warrant or guarantee that the Services and/or your use of the Services will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the Services will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
20. The Council reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the Services at any time either temporarily or permanently.
21. These Online Payment Terms form part of the ADC Website Terms and Conditions of Use, which apply to general ADC website usage. By agreeing to comply with the Online Payment Terms you also agree to comply with the ADC Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If there is a conflict between the Ashburton Website Terms and Conditions of Use and these Terms, the Online Payment Terms shall prevail.
22. You agree to indemnify the Council for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Council as result of:
23. The Online Payment Terms are governed by New Zealand law. The New Zealand Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the Services and these Online Payment Terms.